Fastbase Accounting System
Internet & Ecommerce
Fastbase Client Sites
Office newsYet again it's been a long time between dispatches. We have some very good news to report, and some sad news. Nathan is a father for the second time, baby Terra was born on 9 June weighing 3.1kg, all are happy and well apart from sleep deprivation. More good news, Priscilla Dapitan has joined Fastbase, starting this week. She is an experienced financial accountant, I'm very pleased to have her with us. You'll get to know her soon as she takes on more responsibilities. I'm sad to say Clint is leaving us, Clint has been with Fastbase nearly three years, working hard to solve your most convoluted accounting support issues. His last day with us is 2 July. Maybe you want to take the opportunity to give him a call before he leaves, and wish him all the best.
We have lots of Fastbase improvements to report this time, if you want more information about any of these please contact us.
Copy purchase order line items from another orderWe have added a new feature, you can now import Purchase Order line items from another Purchase Order. There is now an "Options" button on the Purchase Order entry and maintenance screens. The existing feature "Import items from CSV file" has moved to this options menu.
If you select "Copy items from another Order" from the options menu, you are asked for a Purchase Order Reference. You can also select whether to import the original quantities. Enter a PO reference and click the Copy button; all line items from the selected Purchase Order will be copied to the current Purchase Order. Then you can update quantity and price information as required.
This feature is now enabled for everybody, give it a go or contact us if you want more information.
Customer credit referenceWhen creating a new credit (Transactions - Customer Credit Note - Open), Fastbase can now check the "Internal Reference" field, and display a warning if the entered credit reference has already been used on a credit for the same customer. This feature is enabled by a setup option, contact us if you would like it.
Customer statements in CSV formatFastbase can now email customer statements in CSV format, as a customer-specific option. Fastbase has supported emailing statements for a long time of course, and the statement is normally sent as a PDF attachment to the email. But some customers may want a statement in CSV format, for easy importing into a spreadsheet for example.
Fastbase can now show an extra option "Email CSV" on the "Print Statements" selection list on the customer enquiry and maintenance screens. If the option is selected, statements for that customer will be sent as an email attachment in CSV format. This feature is enabled by a setup option, contact us if you are interested in using it. We can provide details of the format of the CSV statement.
Import customersWe have added a feature for importing new customers and updating existing customers from a CSV file. Select Maintenance - Misc - Customers/Invoicing - Import Customers. The dialog allows you to choose an import file, and whether the file has column headings. You can also select the field separator and text delimiters used in the file.
Once you select a file, Fastbase displays a window with fields and columns for you to 'match up'. You can select which fields from the CSV file should be copied into which customer attributes. You can choose to update existing customers and/or import new customers. If you opt to create new customers, you select a template customer used for the newly created customers.
Once you make your selections click Import Customers. The customers will be imported according to your selections. If Report Only is selected the import is a dry-run - only the report is produced. Contact us if you want more detail on exactly how the import matches on existing customers.
Salesperson field on customer transactionsWe have added a feature to prevent users changing the Salesperson from the default, both when creating new invoices and when editing existing invoices. This also applies to customer orders, quotes and customer credits. The feature is enabled by a setup option, contact us if you are interested.
Customer Transactions ListingFrom Customer Enquiry - Transactions you can print the listing via the Print button. We have added totals (for the Amount and Total columns) to the bottom of the printed listing.
Printing Credit NotesWhen you save a Credit Note you are asked if you want to print it, the default is Yes. We have made the default Print Yes/No option configurable. Contact us if you want this changed to No.
Scheduled Price UpdatesFastbase currently has an Automatic Price Update feature for updating product prices in bulk. The price change takes effect immediately. You can change prices by adjusting by a percentage, for all products of a selected Type, Code etc.
We have added a new Scheduled Price Update feature that allows you to schedule a price update to take effect at a specified future date. You can create and maintain price updates - each update contains a selection of products and the requested new price levels. You can select which price levels will be updated, and select a new price for each.
The price updates are maintained from Maintenance - Misc - Parts - Scheduled Price Updates. Existing scheduled updates are displayed in date order. You can search by date for a specific part affected by the update.
You can also email (or print) price change notifications to selected customers. If you do, the price update becomes "locked" and can no longer be maintained.
There are more aspects to this feature than can be detailed here. If you are interested contact us, there is a moderate amount of setting up we would need to do to get you up and running with this feature.
Serial and batch number checking in FastbaseFastbase supports Serialised and Batch Tracked parts. Serial numbers must be recorded on all movements of serialised stock (eg. Goods Receipt, AR Invoice, Stock Adjustment). Batch Tracking is similar but also records a quantity per Batch.
We have improved the consistency checks performed when creating or maintaining transactions for stock with serial numbers or batch numbers. Previously it was occasionally possible to enter inconsistent data into transactions.
We have now improved the consistency checks performed when a transaction is saved, specifically for Invoices, Goods Receipts, Customer Credits, Part Assemblies, and Branch Transfers. If you have any questions please give us a call or email.
Stock Audit Report for a branchThe Stock Audit Report (Reports - Financial - Stock Audit) displays stock movements and costs for products across the whole company. You can now run the Stock Audit Report for a selected branch.
If you don't select a branch the report is for the whole company, as normal.
If you select a branch, the "Opening Stock" and "Closing Stock" columns will display the stock value at the selected branch on the selected start and end dates. The "Adjust & Purchases" column will display the total stock value of goods receipts, stock transfers, etc for the selected branch, including branch transfers (not previously included in the stock audit report). The "Cost of Sales" column will display the total stock cost of customer transactions from the selected branch, e.g. invoices and credits. The "Variance" column will still display the difference between (Opening Stock + Adjust & Purchases - Cost of Sales) and Closing Stock.
Website product searchMany of our customer websites are linked to the Fastbase part inventory, so that part information in Fastbase is automatically displayed on the website, and automatically updated when the information changes in Fastbase. These websites typically have a search feature allowing the user to search for products by entering keywords. Products matching the search are displayed to the web user.
We now have the ability to improve the product-search functionality and performance, by associating products with keywords in Fastbase.
On the website tab of the product enquiry and maintenance screens there is now an area for viewing and maintaining keywords. You can enter keywords here for a product, and the website will match on these keywords when doing product searches. The website search feature will also typically match on other fields, for example the product name or number. You can set the relevance/importance for the different search fields, and this affects the order the products appear in the search results.
If you are interested in progressing this let us know. This requires software changes to the website software, to take advantage of the new search keyword information.
Check order number on invoice entryPreviously the order number on a customer invoice was only checked on the final screen, if the order number is invalid a warning message is displayed. A similar check is now done on the initial customer invoice entry screen.
Depending on the customer setting (under the Preferences tab on customer Maintenance and Enquiry) the order number may be a required entry, or may be required to be unique (not used on any previous invoice for the same customer).
Customer Sales Analysis ReportThe Customer Sales Analysis Report can now be generated overnight and emailed to selected recipients. If you are interested in this let us know. There is a moderate amount of setup required to set the report options (start and end date, customer sequence, detail required etc) and the overnight processing.
Maintaining customer receiptsWe have improved the way you create and maintain customer receipts. Previously the behaviour was different depending on whether you were editing an existing receipt or creating a new one. We have improved the behaviour and made it more consistent.
When a new receipt is saved, a window "Receipt Details" appears that displays all transactions for the customer with an amount owing. The user allocates the receipted amount of money against these transactions. The window also allows you to create zero value invoices.
Previously, when an existing receipt was saved, the Receipt Details window appeared but only displayed the transactions that the receipt has already been applied to. This meant you couldn't modify the receipt to apply to other invoices or credits.
Now, when you maintain an existing receipt, the list of Paid Invoices is displayed under the receipt details. This lists the transactions the receipt is currently applied to. There is now an Edit Apply Details button, click this and the "Receipt Details" window is displayed listing all transactions for the customer with an amount owing, as well as the transactions that the receipt has already been applied to. You can edit the applied amounts in this window, and create new zero-value invoices.
Select from the following list of newsletters that have been sent out.
- 30/11/2018 Office news, Disable old user accounts, Customer Credit: Option to write-off returned goods
- 21/08/2018 Office News, Lost Sales, Transaction Batch Reports, Previous Supplier Pricing, Customer Aged Trial Balance grouped by invoice Due Date
- 28/02/2018 Office News, Customer credit days, Sending emails from Fastbase
- 01/12/2017 Office News, Emailing for remote Fastbase users, Customer Price Book for selected products, Import Stock Take count figures from a CSV file, Direct Credit Schedule for BNZ, New fields on Parts Price-List Import, Product Documentation, Satellite branch stock replenishment using Suggested Order Generation, Additional information about last receipt on Goods Receipt Costing Sheet
- 02/12/2016 Office News, Stock Price List Report - Part Extra Description, Non-Stocks parts on Part Assembly, Quick key to scroll drop-down list on selection fields, Cash sale - receipt transaction type
- 14/03/2016 Office News, Sorting Customer Invoice line items, Part Assembly Component List, Stock Purchase History
- 04/12/2015 Office News, Orders and Quotes displayed on main Fastbase screen, Reporting on Superseded parts, Freight Detail Report options
- 11/03/2015 Office news, New Zealand domain names, Customer Sales Order Display, Consolidate parts on Inwards Goods Report, Stock Ordering Report
- 05/12/2014 Office News, Search for parts when making a Purchase Order, Quantities per Branch on Inwards Goods Report
- 13/11/2014 Office news, Email a note to selected users, New fields on Parts Price-List Import, Selection of multiple call cycles, Back-order warning, Fastbase on Windows 8, Anti-virus software on Windows servers, Dual monitor support, Customer keyword search now includes Contacts and Delivery addresses
- 24/12/2013 Office News, Search by Main Supplier when Selecting Parts
- 28/11/2013 Office News, Quoting for items that aren't recorded as parts in Fastbase, Stream-lined entry of new part assembly transactions, Sorting of customer notes on the appointments screen, Maintaining a customer note - "Complete" button save and exit
- 24/09/2013 Office News, Prospective customers, Delete multiple expired quotes, Customer Activity Report, Import quote lines from a CSV file, Customer Frequent Products - exclude returned goods
- 19/02/2013 Office News, Changes to Contacts, Emailing and printing an invoice when creating an invoice from a sales order, Copy Customer, Selected Operator for Quote Summary and Quote Expiry Reports
- 06/12/2012 Office News, Fastbase notes, Warning message when sell price is below cost, Non-stock parts - cost-price validation on customer orders, Receipt printing, Changes to quote summary and quote expiry reports, Report original operator & salesperson on invoice register, Print customer special pricing
- 14/07/2012 Office news, Change to Suggested Purchase Order Generation, GL Transaction Listing report, Creating normal stock items from non-stock items when converting quote into order, Maintaining Goods Receipts, Display total cost and GP% for Build-Misc line items, Automatic Disabling of Overdue Customers, Future-dated transactions not included in Customer/Supplier Balances
- 15/02/2012 Office News, Photo indicator in Part Enquiry, Drag-and-Drop line items, Warning message for customers with active quotes
- 25/11/2011 Office News, Create a Quote from a Customers Discounts, Store Part information per Code, Store Image for each Customer
- 12/09/2011 Office News, Maximum Days Credit on the Customer Listing Report, Typing ahead, Long running searches, Subject in notes, Customer Notes and Alerts - Search, Supplier Payment Batches
- 02/06/2011 Office News, Image upload feature, Database replication, Search for products or customers, Progress bar, Print transaction batch, Selected companies per user, GL Account balances and unposted transactions
- 25/03/2011 Office news, Keyword Search, Report all accounts on GL Transaction listing, Additional Info on Suggested Purchase Order Report, Customer Credits on GST Report, Customer Sales Analysis by Gross Profit
- 02/12/2010 Office news, Stock Sales Analysis by Gross Profit
- 15/11/2010 Office news, GST rate change for NZ, New web server, websites and backup, Order Number in emailed invoices
- 28/09/2010 GST rate change - final reminder, Duplicate Bin Location Warning
- 20/08/2010 Office news, GST change on 1 October, Customer statements in CSV format, Single invoice per order, Order number on Customer Credits
- 18/06/2010 Office news, Copy purchase order line items from another order, Customer credit reference, Customer statements in CSV format, Import customers, Salesperson field on customer transactions, Customer Transactions Listing, Printing Credit Notes, Scheduled Price Updates, Serial and batch number checking in Fastbase, Stock Audit Report for a branch, Website product search, Check order number on invoice entry, Customer Sales Analysis Report, Maintaining customer receipts
- 18/12/2009 Office news, Minimum Gross Profit per Inventory type, Website search, Zero-value invoices, New CSV format for exporting Purchase Orders, Barcode scanning on goods receipts, Parts Price Import - importing of Product pack details, Web User Maintenance Security Levels, Cubic volume and weight on purchase orders, Highlight backorders supplied direct to the customer, Forward Dated Invoices, Plus key, Customer receipt reference, Ten price levels, Customer Credits - distinct return-branch per line item, Product Listing report, File - Printers, Consolidated Invoicing
- 08/06/2009 Office news, Notes subject, Goods receipts and consignment branches, Website search, Barcode pack tab, Product listing report, Company logos
- 16/03/2009 Office news, Suggested Order Generation Report, Customer Sales Analysis Report, Printing Credits, GL Transaction Listing
- 17/02/2009 Office news, Invoicing Multiple Orders, Suggested Purchases Report, Supplier Rebates, Orders Taken Report, Web Display Maintenance
- 24/12/2008 Office news, Part price import, Red alert notes, Map button
- 04/12/2008 Office news, Customer Employee Count, Area search for customer search, Release Backorders, Supplied-only packing slips for release backorders, Financial reports
- 06/11/2008 Office news, Improved Account Search, Contacts Tab, Cancel button, Discounts on website orders, Branch transfer, Barcodes on stationary items, Stock Sales Analysis report, Customer Special Pricing
- 29/09/2008 Office news, Multiple companies with different balance currencies, Profit/Loss Report Structuring, Bank Reconciliation Batching, Financial Report Font, Delivery Method, Part Maintenance, Purchase Order
- 31/08/2008 Office news, Sales found for customers, Supplier transactions, Return reminders
- 13/08/2008 Office news, Invoice Register Report, Backorder release, Email to Fastbase, Print and Email Invoices, Security option, Maintain button, Website part display
- 02/07/2008 Office news, Print Invoices & Credits, Customer Notes, Change Type Details, Maintain Goods Receipt
- 11/06/2008 Office news, Maintenance and Enquiry, Notes - Expiry Date, Emailing Notes, Invoice Register Report, Print Invoices and Credits, GST Adjustments, Fastbase Main Window, Printers
- 29/04/2008 Office news, Find product within a stock take, Product Enquiry - Delete, Hide Costs, Disabled Customers, Customer Order Status report, Print Customer Returns, Delete Customer Returns
- 03/04/2008 Office news, Generate customer returns, Sort sales order lines by part number, Search for customers, Batch and transaction dates
- 07/03/2008 Alex Burge, Cash Receipts report, Web server
- 27/01/2008 Ricky Li, Customer Quotes, Web server, Thumbnails
- 21/12/2007 Christmas dates, Purchase Orders, GL account enquiries, On-screen information for options and selections
- 24/10/2007 Office business, Spam, Company logo, Supplier contacts, EDI Orders & Delivery Confirmation
- 13/09/2007 Emails, Stationary layouts, Deferred GST, Discounts by code
- 12/08/2007 Whereabouts, New developments
- 05/07/2007 Whereabouts, Australian Bank Account Numbers
- 20/05/2007 Whereabouts, Part Listing Report - Print bin locations, Customer Sales Analysis Report - Customer type and area, Stock Taking - Bin locations, Appointments/Notes - Sending Emails
- 25/04/2007 Contact details, Stock Take - Enter Count Figures, Purchase Order - Import, Stock Price List Report
- 23/02/2007 Customer Receipts, Releasing Backordered Goods, Viewing Lists - Sorting Columns
- 01/02/2007 Account Maintenance/Lookup, Maintaining Sales Orders, Printing Packing Slips, Bank Deposit Supplement, Searching by Keywords, FastBase - Startup Page, FastBase - Emailing Us
- 15/12/2006 Supplier Post Code, Order Notes, Purchase Order Register Report, Order Reports, FastBase Main Screen, Supplier Invoice Entry
- 05/12/2006 Fixed Assets, Cancelling Supplier Payments, Xtra e-Mail Not Delivered, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- 31/10/2006 Looking up Addresses, Selection Screens - Quick Find, Profit & Loss Report - Consolidated Accounts, Saving Report Selections, Merging Suppliers/Customers/Parts, Security Levels
- 24/10/2006 Cancelling Orders & Transferring Stock, Non-Diminishing Parts, Automatic Price Updating, Credits - Surcharge %, GL Account Enquiry - Printing Transactions, Staff Changes @ FastBase
- 13/10/2006 Order Enquiry, Releasing Backordered Goods, Freight Detail Report, Part Numbers, Invoicing Orders
- 04/10/2006 Processing Menu, Order Entry - Non Stock Items, Quote Status Report, Order Entry - Supply Quantity..., Purchase Order Enquiry
- 29/08/2006 Order Entry - Viewing Price History, Enquiry to Maintain Transactions, Barcodes on Products
- 04/08/2006 Sales Order Entry - Price History, Sales Order Entry - Default Quantities, Part Enquiry - Quoting a Customer, Customer Enquiry / Notes
- 25/07/2006 Import Parts Price File, Supplier Payment Details
- 10/07/2006 Part Maintenance - Selling Prices, Part Enquiry - Customer Price, Transaction Quick Entry, Customer Maintenance
- 29/06/2006 Exchange Rates, Stock Enquiry, Balance Sheet, Calendar / Appointments, Addresses - Zoomin
- 08/06/2006 Goods Receipt Entry, Emailing Reports and Forms, Customer Discounts, Stock Valuation Report, Utilities - Types - Inventory
- 19/05/2006 Payments - Bank Reconciliation, GL Journal Entry, 5 Cent Rounding, Customer/Supplier Lookup, Your Internet Connection!, Customer Credits
- 03/05/2006 Goods Receipts, Purchasing Backordered Goods, Customer Listing, Stock Adjustments - Labels, Customer Sticky Labels - Mail Merge, Product Maintenance - Misc
- 15/03/2006 Customer Status, Customer Receipts Summary Report, Supplier Payments Summary Report, Dispatching Orders, Order Logs, Product Maintenance, Users - Minimum Sales GP%
- 03/03/2006 Dishonoured Cheques, Customer Enquiry - Sales History, Purchase Order Entry, Balance Sheet, Stock Price List
- 08/02/2006 Profit and Loss Report, Maintenance Menu, Customer Frequent Products, Minimum Sales Margin - Minimum Sales GP%, Promotional/Give-away Items, Bank Accounts, Stock Listing, Customer Quotes, Suppliers - Payment Due Dates
- 19/01/2006 Product Maintenance/Enquiry, Product Listing Report, Stock Valuation Report
- 13/12/2005 Sorting Lists on Screen, Trading with other FastBase Companies, Supplier Invoices - Narration, Product Enquiry - Sales History, Purchase Order Entry
- 30/11/2005 Order Entry - Drag and Drop, Forward Orders Report, Stock Adjustments, Customer Order Numbers, Screen Reports
- 15/11/2005 Cash Movements Report, Customer Listing Report, Purchase Orders - Authorisation, Supplier Invoice Entry - Take 2
- 27/10/2005 Purchase Orders, Supplier Invoice Entry, Freight on Stock Transfers, Part Enquiry - Alternate Parts, Product Selections
- 10/10/2005 Stock Adjustments, Supplier Payments, Part Enquiry - Photos
- 12/09/2005 Quotes, Order Entry, Product Enquiry, Customers/Suppliers, FastBase - Screenshots, Ecommerce: Web Users
- 23/08/2005 Order Entry, Supplier Invoices, Customer Enquiry - Frequent Products, Emailing Documents, FastBase Startup, FastBase Installation
- 15/08/2005 Emailing Invoices/Statements etc. from FastBase, Printing / Emailing, Product Maintenance - Weight, Order Entry - Cash Customers
- 04/08/2005 Deleting Accounts, Quote Status Report, Quote Summary Report, Bank Deposit Supplement, Printing Invoices for Selected Customers, Stock Price List - for Customers, Emailing Invoices/Statements etc.
- 18/07/2005 Customer Listing, Backup, Customer Credits, Product Enquiry
- 28/06/2005 Product Availability Report, Supplier Invoices (Tax)
- 13/06/2005 Invoicing Orders, Transaction Maintenance
- 08/06/2005 Cash Payments and Receipts, Supplier Invoices - Payments, Supplier Invoices/Credits
- 10/05/2005 Miscellaneous Menu, Narrations, Stock Writedowns, Customer Enquiry, Stock Price List
- 29/04/2005 FastBase - New Address, Date Entry
- 24/03/2005 Stock Enquiry, Customer Freight Charges, Balance Sheet Report, Calendar & Calculator
- 02/03/2005 GL Enquiries, Emailing Reports, Stock Transfers, Stock Taking
- 22/02/2005 Product Enquiry, Line Notes, Backup - Verification
- 07/02/2005 Stock Adjustments, Inwards Goods Report, Estimated Prices
- 22/11/2004 Transaction Entry - Duplicate Products, Item Quantities, Web Sites
- 15/11/2004 New Sales Report, Keyword Search, Stock Valuation Report
- 08/11/2004 Stationery Layouts (Forms), Customer Receipts
- 04/11/2004 General Ledger, FastBase Functionality
- 27/10/2004 Backup
- 11/10/2004 Emailing Reports, Stock Taking, Stock Transfers, Email - SPAM
- 10/09/2004 Transaction Enquiry, Goods Receipts/Credits, Invoicing Goods Receipts, Serial Numbers, Credit Notes, Mouse Wheel
- 06/09/2004 Calendar and Calculator, Barcode Printing/Scanning, OpenOffice
- 25/08/2004 Stock Adjustments, Security, Bank Reconciliation, FastBase
- 10/08/2004 Customer Aged Trial Balance, Period End, Goods Receipts, Stock Transfers
- 26/07/2004 Notes and Alerts, Notes and Alerts - More Changes, GL Journal Batches, Customer Discounts, Product Maintenance
- 14/07/2004 Notes & Alerts, Printing Reports from Screen, Saving Report Selections, Printing Statements, Bank Reconciliation, Customer Sales Analysis Report
- 28/06/2004 Period End, Goods Receipts/Credits, Batch Printing, Screen Reports
- 02/06/2004 Stock Price List, Customer - Credit Control, Invoice Maintenance, Customer Receipts, Customer Enquiry - Transactions, Users - Preferences, Miscellaneous
- 27/05/2004 Finding Transactions, Notes & Alerts
- 18/05/2004 Standing Transactions, Supplier Purchase History, Backorder Email Notifications, Zip Drive??
- 06/05/2004 Stock Sales Analysis Report, Notes and Alerts, Order Entry
- 19/04/2004 Newsletters, Stock Valuation - Aging, Other Changes
- 07/04/2004 Customer Parent Companies, Notes and Alerts (sales messages)
- 18/03/2004 Order Entry, Date Entry, Free Advertising
- 05/03/2004 Entering New Parts, Stock Sales Analysis Report, Date Entry, Account Maintenance
- 27/02/2004 Sales Orders, GL Accounts, Inwards Goods Report, Finding Invoices
- 19/02/2004 Stock Enquiry, Suggested Order Generation, Purchase Orders, Selecting Suppliers, Orders - Notes
- 05/02/2004 Saved Reports, Part Enquiry - Orders
- 27/01/2004 Transaction Entry, Miscellaneous, Reporting - New Feature
- 06/01/2004 Order Enquiry, Customer Receipt Entry, Goods Credits, GL Trial Balance