Fastbase Accounting System
Internet & Ecommerce
Fastbase Client Sites
Office NewsFastbase has purchased the shop we occupy in Kilbirnie. This is the same office we've been in for quite some years now, we aren't going anywhere, simply now we have security of tenure. You're most welcome to visit any time. The sun has even shined here recently, enough for outdoor life; the weather gods do smile upon Wellington occasionally when they're not being temperamental.
Lost SalesA Lost Sale is what happens when a customer expresses interest in making an order but then decides not to go ahead with it, for some reason. Among the more common reasons are:
- There is insufficient stock on hand and they do not want to wait
- You do not normally keep any on hand, though the product is available from suppliers (back-order is always required)
- The price is not right
- Other payment or delivery terms are not acceptable
Lost Sales can now be recorded in Fastbase. A Lost Sale identifies the product, the customer and is for a particular date. You can see the lost sales for a particular product, for a particular customer, or report on lost sales over a period.
To record a Lost Sale, use the "Lost Sale" button on the Details tab of the Product Enquiry screen. You will be prompted to record the details of the Lost Sale including the quantity the customer was interested in, and the reason the customer decided not to go ahead, if known. There is also an option to record a Lost Sale when cancelling a Customer Quote.
The Lost Sales for a product are displayed under Product Enquiry, on the blue "Sales" panel. Clicking on the Lost Sales display shows a list of all Lost Sales for the selected product. You can see all Lost Sales for a selected customer, too, under Customer Enquiry - More Options - Lost Sales.
The Lost Sales report (Reports - Sales - Lost Sales Report) shows all Lost Sales for a selected set of customers and products over a period.
Transaction Batch ReportsThere is a new "Print" button when viewing a list of transaction batches (e.g Transactions - AR - Invoice, Transactions - GL - Journal, Transactions - AP - Payment). This allows you to print a listing of all transactions in the currently displayed batches.
Fastbase already has many ways of producing transaction listings of various sorts; you can show the transactions within a specific batch, or show all transactions for a specific account (e.g. customer, supplier etc) and there are a variety of specialised reports under the Reports menu. These new reports allow you to quickly list all transactions of a selected type for a date range.
On the batch selection screen you can enter a date range. Pressing the print button displays a small popup window, prompting the user to select the output method (e.g printer, email, export to file). All transactions for the selected date range are included.
Previous Supplier PricingWhen maintaining a Purchase Order line, and the Supplier List Price field is highlighted, you can press the F2 key to see previous pricing for the supplier. You can select a previous price to update the supplier list price in the purchase order line, with the previous price. We recently fixed a bug to make this feature more usable.
We made a couple of other recent minor changes.
Branch Transfer of Batch-tracked items - this is not currently supported, unless all items in a batch are being transferred. We have improved the way Fastbase validates the batch and serial-tracked items when entering and receiving branch transfers.
Freight Detail Report - this report shows the amount of freight charged to customers over a period, and can also show the cost of the freight charged to you by the freight company, if it is recorded. Previously, the amounts displayed in the Goods Value column included the freight charged to the customer. It now displays only the GST-excl sale value of the goods themselves.
Customer Aged Trial Balance grouped by invoice Due DateWe have added an option to the Customer Aged Trial Balance report that groups the invoices according to the customer's maximum days credit. This new option allows you to quickly see which customers are the most overdue.
Each customer in Fastbase has a Maximum Days Credit (Customer Enquiry/Maintenance - Credit Control tab). This field determines the age of each customer invoice, i.e. the time that has elapsed since payment was due on the invoice. If a customer has an overdue invoice, Fastbase will display a warning when a user tries to create a customer order or an invoice. If a customer does not have a specific value set under Customer Enquiry/Maintenance, then the default maximum days credit applies (Utilities - Modules - AR - Credit Control & Security tab).
The Customer Aged Trial Balance (Reports - Financial) is a Fastbase report that shows the amount each customer owes, as at a selected date. On the report, the amount each customer owes is grouped into columns according to the date, or age, of the unpaid transactions of the customer. The age of each invoice is based on the invoice date relative to the report date: an invoice from March will show in the 30-day column of a Customer Aged Trial Balance for 30 April.
There is now a new option "Aging Basis" on the Customer Aged Trial Balance report. The default is "Invoice Date", which calculates the age of each invoice based on the invoice date alone. Set the "Aging Basis" to "Invoice Due Date" for the report to calculate the age of each invoice according to the customer's Maximum Days Credit. Using the new option, a March Invoice for a 60-day customer will show under the "Not Overdue" column for April and May, and will Appear in the "One Month Overdue" column (if the customer has still not paid) when the report is run for 30 June.
We have also added a new option "Overdue Days" on the report, to filter the Customer Aged Trial Balance by a customer's maximum days credit. So, for example you can run the report showing only customers who are set to 30 days credit.
Another new option "Show Credit Limit?" adds additional columns to the report, displaying the customer's credit limit (the dollar value) and how much the limit is currently exceeded by.
Select from the following list of newsletters that have been sent out.
- 28/05/2020 Office news, Print single customer invoice, GST on overseas supplier invoices, Batch-tracked items in the Stock Valuation report
- 24/03/2020 Office News, Working from home - remote access to Fastbase, Maximum discount per customer
- 13/12/2019 Office News, Print out Enquiry Search lists, Keyword Search for serialised parts, Network and database performance, GST on overseas purchases
- 18/09/2019 Office news, Photos per serial number, Cash Payments report - invoice lines, Display and reporting of selected suppliers' product IDs
- 30/11/2018 Office news, Disable old user accounts, Customer Credit: Option to write-off returned goods
- 21/08/2018 Office News, Lost Sales, Transaction Batch Reports, Previous Supplier Pricing, Customer Aged Trial Balance grouped by invoice Due Date
- 28/02/2018 Office News, Customer credit days, Sending emails from Fastbase
- 01/12/2017 Office News, Emailing for remote Fastbase users, Customer Price Book for selected products, Import Stock Take count figures from a CSV file, Direct Credit Schedule for BNZ, New fields on Parts Price-List Import, Product Documentation, Satellite branch stock replenishment using Suggested Order Generation, Additional information about last receipt on Goods Receipt Costing Sheet
- 02/12/2016 Office News, Stock Price List Report - Part Extra Description, Non-Stocks parts on Part Assembly, Quick key to scroll drop-down list on selection fields, Cash sale - receipt transaction type
- 14/03/2016 Office News, Sorting Customer Invoice line items, Part Assembly Component List, Stock Purchase History
- 04/12/2015 Office News, Orders and Quotes displayed on main Fastbase screen, Reporting on Superseded parts, Freight Detail Report options
- 11/03/2015 Office news, New Zealand domain names, Customer Sales Order Display, Consolidate parts on Inwards Goods Report, Stock Ordering Report
- 05/12/2014 Office News, Search for parts when making a Purchase Order, Quantities per Branch on Inwards Goods Report
- 13/11/2014 Office news, Email a note to selected users, New fields on Parts Price-List Import, Selection of multiple call cycles, Back-order warning, Fastbase on Windows 8, Anti-virus software on Windows servers, Dual monitor support, Customer keyword search now includes Contacts and Delivery addresses
- 24/12/2013 Office News, Search by Main Supplier when Selecting Parts
- 28/11/2013 Office News, Quoting for items that aren't recorded as parts in Fastbase, Stream-lined entry of new part assembly transactions, Sorting of customer notes on the appointments screen, Maintaining a customer note - "Complete" button save and exit
- 24/09/2013 Office News, Prospective customers, Delete multiple expired quotes, Customer Activity Report, Import quote lines from a CSV file, Customer Frequent Products - exclude returned goods
- 19/02/2013 Office News, Changes to Contacts, Emailing and printing an invoice when creating an invoice from a sales order, Copy Customer, Selected Operator for Quote Summary and Quote Expiry Reports
- 06/12/2012 Office News, Fastbase notes, Warning message when sell price is below cost, Non-stock parts - cost-price validation on customer orders, Receipt printing, Changes to quote summary and quote expiry reports, Report original operator & salesperson on invoice register, Print customer special pricing
- 14/07/2012 Office news, Change to Suggested Purchase Order Generation, GL Transaction Listing report, Creating normal stock items from non-stock items when converting quote into order, Maintaining Goods Receipts, Display total cost and GP% for Build-Misc line items, Automatic Disabling of Overdue Customers, Future-dated transactions not included in Customer/Supplier Balances
- 15/02/2012 Office News, Photo indicator in Part Enquiry, Drag-and-Drop line items, Warning message for customers with active quotes
- 25/11/2011 Office News, Create a Quote from a Customers Discounts, Store Part information per Code, Store Image for each Customer
- 12/09/2011 Office News, Maximum Days Credit on the Customer Listing Report, Typing ahead, Long running searches, Subject in notes, Customer Notes and Alerts - Search, Supplier Payment Batches
- 02/06/2011 Office News, Image upload feature, Database replication, Search for products or customers, Progress bar, Print transaction batch, Selected companies per user, GL Account balances and unposted transactions
- 25/03/2011 Office news, Keyword Search, Report all accounts on GL Transaction listing, Additional Info on Suggested Purchase Order Report, Customer Credits on GST Report, Customer Sales Analysis by Gross Profit
- 02/12/2010 Office news, Stock Sales Analysis by Gross Profit
- 15/11/2010 Office news, GST rate change for NZ, New web server, websites and backup, Order Number in emailed invoices
- 28/09/2010 GST rate change - final reminder, Duplicate Bin Location Warning
- 20/08/2010 Office news, GST change on 1 October, Customer statements in CSV format, Single invoice per order, Order number on Customer Credits
- 18/06/2010 Office news, Copy purchase order line items from another order, Customer credit reference, Customer statements in CSV format, Import customers, Salesperson field on customer transactions, Customer Transactions Listing, Printing Credit Notes, Scheduled Price Updates, Serial and batch number checking in Fastbase, Stock Audit Report for a branch, Website product search, Check order number on invoice entry, Customer Sales Analysis Report, Maintaining customer receipts
- 18/12/2009 Office news, Minimum Gross Profit per Inventory type, Website search, Zero-value invoices, New CSV format for exporting Purchase Orders, Barcode scanning on goods receipts, Parts Price Import - importing of Product pack details, Web User Maintenance Security Levels, Cubic volume and weight on purchase orders, Highlight backorders supplied direct to the customer, Forward Dated Invoices, Plus key, Customer receipt reference, Ten price levels, Customer Credits - distinct return-branch per line item, Product Listing report, File - Printers, Consolidated Invoicing
- 08/06/2009 Office news, Notes subject, Goods receipts and consignment branches, Website search, Barcode pack tab, Product listing report, Company logos
- 16/03/2009 Office news, Suggested Order Generation Report, Customer Sales Analysis Report, Printing Credits, GL Transaction Listing
- 17/02/2009 Office news, Invoicing Multiple Orders, Suggested Purchases Report, Supplier Rebates, Orders Taken Report, Web Display Maintenance
- 24/12/2008 Office news, Part price import, Red alert notes, Map button
- 04/12/2008 Office news, Customer Employee Count, Area search for customer search, Release Backorders, Supplied-only packing slips for release backorders, Financial reports
- 06/11/2008 Office news, Improved Account Search, Contacts Tab, Cancel button, Discounts on website orders, Branch transfer, Barcodes on stationary items, Stock Sales Analysis report, Customer Special Pricing
- 29/09/2008 Office news, Multiple companies with different balance currencies, Profit/Loss Report Structuring, Bank Reconciliation Batching, Financial Report Font, Delivery Method, Part Maintenance, Purchase Order
- 31/08/2008 Office news, Sales found for customers, Supplier transactions, Return reminders
- 13/08/2008 Office news, Invoice Register Report, Backorder release, Email to Fastbase, Print and Email Invoices, Security option, Maintain button, Website part display
- 02/07/2008 Office news, Print Invoices & Credits, Customer Notes, Change Type Details, Maintain Goods Receipt
- 11/06/2008 Office news, Maintenance and Enquiry, Notes - Expiry Date, Emailing Notes, Invoice Register Report, Print Invoices and Credits, GST Adjustments, Fastbase Main Window, Printers
- 29/04/2008 Office news, Find product within a stock take, Product Enquiry - Delete, Hide Costs, Disabled Customers, Customer Order Status report, Print Customer Returns, Delete Customer Returns
- 03/04/2008 Office news, Generate customer returns, Sort sales order lines by part number, Search for customers, Batch and transaction dates
- 07/03/2008 Alex Burge, Cash Receipts report, Web server
- 27/01/2008 Ricky Li, Customer Quotes, Web server, Thumbnails
- 21/12/2007 Christmas dates, Purchase Orders, GL account enquiries, On-screen information for options and selections
- 24/10/2007 Office business, Spam, Company logo, Supplier contacts, EDI Orders & Delivery Confirmation
- 13/09/2007 Emails, Stationary layouts, Deferred GST, Discounts by code
- 12/08/2007 Whereabouts, New developments
- 05/07/2007 Whereabouts, Australian Bank Account Numbers
- 20/05/2007 Whereabouts, Part Listing Report - Print bin locations, Customer Sales Analysis Report - Customer type and area, Stock Taking - Bin locations, Appointments/Notes - Sending Emails
- 25/04/2007 Contact details, Stock Take - Enter Count Figures, Purchase Order - Import, Stock Price List Report
- 23/02/2007 Customer Receipts, Releasing Backordered Goods, Viewing Lists - Sorting Columns
- 01/02/2007 Account Maintenance/Lookup, Maintaining Sales Orders, Printing Packing Slips, Bank Deposit Supplement, Searching by Keywords, FastBase - Startup Page, FastBase - Emailing Us
- 15/12/2006 Supplier Post Code, Order Notes, Purchase Order Register Report, Order Reports, FastBase Main Screen, Supplier Invoice Entry
- 05/12/2006 Fixed Assets, Cancelling Supplier Payments, Xtra e-Mail Not Delivered, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- 31/10/2006 Looking up Addresses, Selection Screens - Quick Find, Profit & Loss Report - Consolidated Accounts, Saving Report Selections, Merging Suppliers/Customers/Parts, Security Levels
- 24/10/2006 Cancelling Orders & Transferring Stock, Non-Diminishing Parts, Automatic Price Updating, Credits - Surcharge %, GL Account Enquiry - Printing Transactions, Staff Changes @ FastBase
- 13/10/2006 Order Enquiry, Releasing Backordered Goods, Freight Detail Report, Part Numbers, Invoicing Orders
- 04/10/2006 Processing Menu, Order Entry - Non Stock Items, Quote Status Report, Order Entry - Supply Quantity..., Purchase Order Enquiry
- 29/08/2006 Order Entry - Viewing Price History, Enquiry to Maintain Transactions, Barcodes on Products
- 04/08/2006 Sales Order Entry - Price History, Sales Order Entry - Default Quantities, Part Enquiry - Quoting a Customer, Customer Enquiry / Notes
- 25/07/2006 Import Parts Price File, Supplier Payment Details
- 10/07/2006 Part Maintenance - Selling Prices, Part Enquiry - Customer Price, Transaction Quick Entry, Customer Maintenance
- 29/06/2006 Exchange Rates, Stock Enquiry, Balance Sheet, Calendar / Appointments, Addresses - Zoomin
- 08/06/2006 Goods Receipt Entry, Emailing Reports and Forms, Customer Discounts, Stock Valuation Report, Utilities - Types - Inventory
- 19/05/2006 Payments - Bank Reconciliation, GL Journal Entry, 5 Cent Rounding, Customer/Supplier Lookup, Your Internet Connection!, Customer Credits
- 03/05/2006 Goods Receipts, Purchasing Backordered Goods, Customer Listing, Stock Adjustments - Labels, Customer Sticky Labels - Mail Merge, Product Maintenance - Misc
- 15/03/2006 Customer Status, Customer Receipts Summary Report, Supplier Payments Summary Report, Dispatching Orders, Order Logs, Product Maintenance, Users - Minimum Sales GP%
- 03/03/2006 Dishonoured Cheques, Customer Enquiry - Sales History, Purchase Order Entry, Balance Sheet, Stock Price List
- 08/02/2006 Profit and Loss Report, Maintenance Menu, Customer Frequent Products, Minimum Sales Margin - Minimum Sales GP%, Promotional/Give-away Items, Bank Accounts, Stock Listing, Customer Quotes, Suppliers - Payment Due Dates
- 19/01/2006 Product Maintenance/Enquiry, Product Listing Report, Stock Valuation Report
- 13/12/2005 Sorting Lists on Screen, Trading with other FastBase Companies, Supplier Invoices - Narration, Product Enquiry - Sales History, Purchase Order Entry
- 30/11/2005 Order Entry - Drag and Drop, Forward Orders Report, Stock Adjustments, Customer Order Numbers, Screen Reports
- 15/11/2005 Cash Movements Report, Customer Listing Report, Purchase Orders - Authorisation, Supplier Invoice Entry - Take 2
- 27/10/2005 Purchase Orders, Supplier Invoice Entry, Freight on Stock Transfers, Part Enquiry - Alternate Parts, Product Selections
- 10/10/2005 Stock Adjustments, Supplier Payments, Part Enquiry - Photos
- 12/09/2005 Quotes, Order Entry, Product Enquiry, Customers/Suppliers, FastBase - Screenshots, Ecommerce: Web Users
- 23/08/2005 Order Entry, Supplier Invoices, Customer Enquiry - Frequent Products, Emailing Documents, FastBase Startup, FastBase Installation
- 15/08/2005 Emailing Invoices/Statements etc. from FastBase, Printing / Emailing, Product Maintenance - Weight, Order Entry - Cash Customers
- 04/08/2005 Deleting Accounts, Quote Status Report, Quote Summary Report, Bank Deposit Supplement, Printing Invoices for Selected Customers, Stock Price List - for Customers, Emailing Invoices/Statements etc.
- 18/07/2005 Customer Listing, Backup, Customer Credits, Product Enquiry
- 28/06/2005 Product Availability Report, Supplier Invoices (Tax)
- 13/06/2005 Invoicing Orders, Transaction Maintenance
- 08/06/2005 Cash Payments and Receipts, Supplier Invoices - Payments, Supplier Invoices/Credits
- 10/05/2005 Miscellaneous Menu, Narrations, Stock Writedowns, Customer Enquiry, Stock Price List
- 29/04/2005 FastBase - New Address, Date Entry
- 24/03/2005 Stock Enquiry, Customer Freight Charges, Balance Sheet Report, Calendar & Calculator
- 02/03/2005 GL Enquiries, Emailing Reports, Stock Transfers, Stock Taking
- 22/02/2005 Product Enquiry, Line Notes, Backup - Verification
- 07/02/2005 Stock Adjustments, Inwards Goods Report, Estimated Prices
- 22/11/2004 Transaction Entry - Duplicate Products, Item Quantities, Web Sites
- 15/11/2004 New Sales Report, Keyword Search, Stock Valuation Report
- 08/11/2004 Stationery Layouts (Forms), Customer Receipts
- 04/11/2004 General Ledger, FastBase Functionality
- 27/10/2004 Backup
- 11/10/2004 Emailing Reports, Stock Taking, Stock Transfers, Email - SPAM
- 10/09/2004 Transaction Enquiry, Goods Receipts/Credits, Invoicing Goods Receipts, Serial Numbers, Credit Notes, Mouse Wheel
- 06/09/2004 Calendar and Calculator, Barcode Printing/Scanning, OpenOffice
- 25/08/2004 Stock Adjustments, Security, Bank Reconciliation, FastBase
- 10/08/2004 Customer Aged Trial Balance, Period End, Goods Receipts, Stock Transfers
- 26/07/2004 Notes and Alerts, Notes and Alerts - More Changes, GL Journal Batches, Customer Discounts, Product Maintenance
- 14/07/2004 Notes & Alerts, Printing Reports from Screen, Saving Report Selections, Printing Statements, Bank Reconciliation, Customer Sales Analysis Report
- 28/06/2004 Period End, Goods Receipts/Credits, Batch Printing, Screen Reports
- 02/06/2004 Stock Price List, Customer - Credit Control, Invoice Maintenance, Customer Receipts, Customer Enquiry - Transactions, Users - Preferences, Miscellaneous
- 27/05/2004 Finding Transactions, Notes & Alerts
- 18/05/2004 Standing Transactions, Supplier Purchase History, Backorder Email Notifications, Zip Drive??
- 06/05/2004 Stock Sales Analysis Report, Notes and Alerts, Order Entry
- 19/04/2004 Newsletters, Stock Valuation - Aging, Other Changes
- 07/04/2004 Customer Parent Companies, Notes and Alerts (sales messages)
- 18/03/2004 Order Entry, Date Entry, Free Advertising
- 05/03/2004 Entering New Parts, Stock Sales Analysis Report, Date Entry, Account Maintenance
- 27/02/2004 Sales Orders, GL Accounts, Inwards Goods Report, Finding Invoices
- 19/02/2004 Stock Enquiry, Suggested Order Generation, Purchase Orders, Selecting Suppliers, Orders - Notes
- 05/02/2004 Saved Reports, Part Enquiry - Orders
- 27/01/2004 Transaction Entry, Miscellaneous, Reporting - New Feature
- 06/01/2004 Order Enquiry, Customer Receipt Entry, Goods Credits, GL Trial Balance